Thursday, May 17, 2012

60. NEXT STOP ZUVUYA



I watched a bee die today, they apparently only live for a few days, how do we know that those few days are not equal to a thousand years in our time, we do not know how bees perceive time and space. It just sat there, clinging to my mouse, yes my computer mouse and I watched it, a wide open window right next to it, but it would not get of the mouse. Normally bees are rather spirited, this one just sat there and I just watched. Nothing I could do; nothing I could say and it just dies. There was something wonderful and spiritual about the experience, but I cannot quite explain it.



This old  house




Full Moon

I am moving to Zuvuya near Howick in KZN and I am starting to work there on the 1st of June. It is an Internship and I think I am about to experience and learn a great deal in the near future. I will be Organizational Assistant and part of my duties will be to secure Grants for various projects and also to promote the Eco tourism business. The one thing I have realized is that even green business need funding, and as long as there is a monetary system in place, it is really impossible to be completely self sustainable. You might have the most wonderful ideas to uplift your community and make the world a greener and better place, but you are going to need funds.

It looks like I will be hitting the ground running, but at the moment I am still at Peas on Earth and I am still clearing weeds and picking and packing veggies. I am a bit bored with this, but it is all part of what needs to be done and while I am here, I will bring my part.

Zuvuya, or more specifically Rainbow Homestead on the Zuvuya farm, is a sustainability outreach center and the Eco tourism business (Impendle) it is also a community project, but I will tell you more about all that later. I will also be writing the monthly newsletter and then there is a perma culture garden. I am so happy!

As I said, Riaan is away at the moment, he is also going after his dream job, he applied for a position as Assistant Researcher at GVI, and they do research on wild animals and are in karongwe, near Hoespruit in Mpumalanga, let us hope he gets this one.

This will all obviously mean that we will be miles apart, actually about 1 200 km’s (no idea how far this is in miles). We have done this before, absence makes the hart grow fonder, or something like that.

Next stop Zuvuya.


No comments:

Post a Comment